Sunday, September 7, 2008

So much to say so little time.

The girls opening gift at the party

Lyla being a big girl with her pretty bow
Olivia in her new Pretty Petal headband and new favorite baby.

Rachael, Lyla and Olvia enjoying their cupcake.

Lyla (left) Olivia (right)
Olivia trying the Cinnamon roll I made for them on their birthday. She just went to town!
Lyla wasn't quite sure what to do with the big bready-frosting thing. She just kept putting her entire face on it to eat it....lol!
Justin and Royan corn-holing
olivia
Lyla

Well I have a lot to blog about and not a lot of time to do it. I am not a fast typist for it takes me a little bit to post. Anyway here are some highlight from the last few weeks.
  • The girls party went great. We had tons of fun and got lots of great presents. We missed my siblings and their kids (none of then could make it except Royan) but we got great well wishes and gifts in the mail from them. Thanks to everyone else for coming and the gifts!

  • We played a good game of "corn hole" at Grandma Cathryn's house. We had a little BBQ for Josh and Justin's birthdays and then just corn-holed our hearts out LOL! The game was actually as fun as the joke were ha ha!
  • Jake went to Doggie Jail AGAIN! This time I was issued a warning (brought by animal control to my door). The warning stated that if we didn't call them with in 24hours we would be issued a citation for "animal abandonment" and the charge would be "animal cruelty". I think it is a felony in Utah. So much for putting Justin in charge of picking him up. In my defense I just think WJ animal control hates us. Last time I picked Jake up the lady totally chewed me out. We always pick him up and we always pay the fine. Anyway this time when I picked him up, I paid the $40.00 fine AND they issued me a citation! The citation was for "running at large". She didn't chew me out but I think she still hates me. In some ways I can understand their frustration with him being there so much. In other ways I think they are over reacting aren't we paying their salary? After much discussion with Justin we came to the conclusion that the animal control lady secretly wants Jake. She is hoping we do abandon him so she can have him to herself! I guess it give me some comfort that the reason my animal are a little neglected because of the kids and it's not the other way around.
  • I went to my good friend Traci's Bridal shower and had lots of fun! I am so happy she is getting married and I think she should start a blog! I had to bring the girls because Dad was working and Lyla got her first fat lip! It was soooo sad! Although it seems like every other day she has a new injury! Maybe my kids are neglected?
  • We watched the UFC fight at Grandma Cathryn's last night. I was totally sucked into UFC when I was pregnant and have been a fan ever since. Anyway I am still recovering from the fight last night. Chuck Lidell (my fav fighter) was knocked out! It was a shock and disappointment!
  • Tomorrow the girls have their 1 year well check. I am excited to see how much they have grown in the last few months. Maybe I can clear up the neglect issue with the pediatrician? Anyway I hope to post some cute 1 year old pics tomorrow!

6 comments:

Abbie said...

Thanks for the post. I'm still crying about not being there. This helps a little. I miss you all so DANG much.

Lorena said...

So sad we missed it! I can't believe they are one!

Traci said...

Poor Lyla and her fat lip. Thanks for coming! I dont think I am creative enough for a blog maybe when I have kids and I actually have something to write about. I wish we could have made it to the girls birthday party. It looks like it was fun even if it was a lot of work! Dont forget about Wed.

Erin said...

I can't even talk about how much I miss you guys. :( I can't believe we weren't there for this. It all looks so adorable and Lyla mashing her face into her cinnamon roll is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!

We heart you all. Sniffle.

Tami Anderson said...

Too bad about the Ice Man. Watch for an up and coming fighter named Anderson Silva. I think you'll like him.

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

You are cracking me up. The party was so much fun, especially the cupcake-eating! You were a great hostess, too. I can't believe our girls are 1. They are getting too big, too fast.