A few hours old. Olivia left Lyla right.
The Girls at 11 weeksThe girls Birthday is fast approaching and I am starting to get the blues :( Although they are more interactive and silly now, I really miss the teeny-tiny days! I guess it is just a big reminder that there is no looking back and they will just keep growing!
I am also a little resentful that I didn't really enjoy it much when they were tiny (or like the first 6 months). I was so overwhelmed and sleep deprived it was hard to enjoy anything. I remember looking at the cover of a Parenting Magazine and being completely disgusted. It had a cute picture of a baby on it and all I keep thinking was "you are just a little life sucker too". I certainly don't feel that way now. I think it is way funny that I ever felt that way.
Good thing their Birthday party is not on their actual Birthday, because I will be a mess the whole day!
I think I will take the next few days to reflect. Since I was not blogging at the time of their birth I will post all the details. Maybe one day my little "life suckers" will be able to read it and laugh at me!

4 comments:
Aaaaahhh...hug yourself for me. :) The one year birthday was a big event for us too. In some ways it was different (celebrating that we survived 1 year of preemie-living) but also the same in other ways. I didn't take enough time to enjoy and I was so shocked when they turned one--where did it all go? I feel that way every single year now! ;) Taking a few days to reflect is a great thing...taking time to enjoy them is so important. Even now, I have to remind myself that every single day is so precious and that I can't get any back so I'd better make the most of today! And tomorrow...and the next day.
You are such a good momma. I am so proud of you (all of you) and so happy for the little family that you are. We love you guys more than we could ever say or express. You should be so proud of yourself and your girls (and your cute husband). We miss you guys and love you!!!
*Cue the ugly cry sobbing noise*
I hope you know how fantastic you are as a mother! One only needs to listen to you talk about your girls to know how much they are loved and cared for! Those two darling girls are lucky to have you for a mommy and Justin for a dad! Lots of love to you all!
Mel, I love this. I totally felt the same way about Eli and even more with Audrie. Where did the time go? They are so big. And I agree about the not enjoying it part. The first six months are so hard, they are precious but so hard. They need so much.
You do an amazing job with those little ladies.
I wish I could be at their party. So sad. Have so much fun. Love you!
It is hard! My baby will be seven next month, you put in into words so well, you are such a great mom!
Post a Comment