Friday, March 7, 2008

What is this......

Recently the girls tried solid food mmmmmmm...... The rice cereal was a big hit! Lyla ate it like a "champion". Olivia pretty much lapped it up from the spoon like a cat.


Olivia


Pretty unamused with the whole thing...


It was like Lyla was waiting her whole life for this moment!

"Oh mom that was soooo good can I have my sister's"

Then I gave them PEAS.... how could I?


Olivia still unamused and way better at just spitting it out.


Lyla was soooo SHOCKED at this THING I was trying to get her to eat. She pretty much just opened her mouth and hoped it would fall out.






It was sooo funny to watch her with this new found food. I am pretty sure she thought I was trying to poison her. She even did a gag-shiver! I was dying! I guess I had expected my champion eater to just love all food... I guess I will try again tomorrow (since I blended up and froze, a 32oz bag of peas).

8 comments:

Tami Anderson said...

My favorite caption was about Olivia waiting for the food her whole life!

You really should have blended a peep in with those peas! Anything would make those taste better!

Erin said...

Those pictures are soooo funny. We are all cracking up. The one of Olivia with the peas reminds me of Issy when she had them for the first time. And I love that Lyla is waiting for it to fall out--a shivergag! I would have died laughing!!!

Jessica said...

I don't think I've commented before, sorry, because those girls are SO cute and I'm SO glad you have a blog to show me the ABC food coming out of their mouths!

(My mom is ALWAYS telling me how cute they are. Will see you in a few weeks, okay?)

Abbie said...

1) that picture of Lyla in the pink chair looks exactly like the b&w picture of you. She's so cute.

2) I love the first food pictures. Lyla kills me. Maybe Olivia will be amused by peaches. Gotta love that easy going baby.

Grandma Cathryn said...

those pics are too hilarious. I just love those girls.

Lorena said...

HILARIOUS!

I do things backwards. I like my kids to like eating, so I put apple juice in the rice cereal and start with bananas.

I know, I'm a rotten mom.

Anonymous said...

Pictures are definitely worth a thousand words in this case!! My Rachel and your Olivia could share horror stories about eating cereal! Some days it is way more trouble than it's worth, I tell ya! Good luck with the peas...they look delicious!

Grandma Cathryn said...

I'm still re-reading this post and laughing. How fun!